Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hollywood and Great Books

A little boredom set in tonight in the newsroom and we began talking movies.
We talke about Hollywood making movies from great books.
Which ones did they get right...which ones did they really screw up?
This is my list. Tell me what you think?


Books Hollywood Got Right!

To Kill A Mockingbird
The Godfather
Big Fish
Breakfast At Tiffanys
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest
Schindler's List


Books That Hollywood Didn't Have A Clue When They Made The Movie


The Prince of Tides (Barbara Streisand should have done jail time for what she did to this book.

The Firm
Starship Troopers
The Scarlet Letter (Demi Moore)
Hollywood butchered everything Stephen King wrote except "Stand By Me."
Dune


Let me know so I can add to the list. My email is greg.screws@whnt.com

GS

No comments: