Friday, November 24, 2006

Nov. 24, 2006

I'm tired. Very tired. Glad for the week to be over. And I'm really not in the mood to do this right now but one of my fans....and there....ok...well...dozens of them emailed me and said
"Get off your fat aspirin bottle and do a blog."

So, in the interest of all the people who are hanging on every word I say and write, this is for you.

Ok..maybe this is for everyone who hangs on everything I say and write and isn't a relative.

Thanksgiving. Things that make me laugh and think.

1.)Dairy Queen Ice Cream. Makes me think of home.
2.)Cheap Trick. After 30 years, they are still rocking. David Mattingly called me to
go see them a couple of weeks back in Atlanta. Like Cheap Trick, David and I are still rocking as well.
3.)Seal-He and Heidi Klum had another kid. Their like rabbits. Heidi and Seal are trying to field their own softball team or come up with musicians for a stage show.
4.)George Allen. Politician From Virginia who lost his senate race. I'm thankful for him because I realize I am smart enough to run for public office.
5.)John McCain-Ok...Maybe I'm not smart enough.
6.)I know you are smart enough to know that I complimented a guy from the same party that
I just made fun of.
7.)Cold Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. It's five o'clock somewhere and in about five minutes it's going to be 5pm. (I came to work at 2am. Lighten up.)
8.)Hearing my daughter laugh at her dog.
9.)Hearing me laugh at my daughter laugh at her dog.
10.) Alabama fans who haven't wrecked their car cause the team was average.
11.)Bad golfers. I score the ball I can find.
12.)Smart sharp news people. If we didn't ask tough questions who would?
13.)Andy Griffith. Show for life. The funniest line in the history of television
is from the episode where the goat eats the dynamite. After a drunken Otis makes the goat mad, Andy jumps up on his table and says "Dadburn it Otis. One loaded goat is about all I can stand."
14.)Poker on television-I love watching people think themselves into and out of trouble.
15.)Christmas Shopping-Love it. Plus people come up to me and says "Do you really know
Jerry Hays?"
16.)What is cool...is that I do really know Jerry Hays!

Going home. More later

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sure more people say to Jerry Hays "Do you really know Greg Screws?!"

Unknown said...

I thought about buying The Glass Castle the other day,now that you have given it your stamp of approval I will probably have to go back to the bookstore.