Monday, February 12, 2007

Real Life Gets In the Way of a Blog

Welcome to February. Sorry...real life gets in the way of updating my blog.
Lot going on in my life in and out of work.

Several things....


Bill Cosby

Bill Cosby was in town Sunday. In one of those moments that I'm sure I will tell my friends about till I die, I got to spend some time chatting with him for a bit.
Cosby was very cordial, and very accommodating.
When he found out that my parent were retired school teachers, he had a thousand questions.
The importance of education has always been an important part of who Cosby is on a daily basis.

The funny thing that happened during the introduction....I went out and did my usual 3-4 minutes of extraordinary observations. Concluding, I said that I couldn't stay for the Cosby show because the police had found a piece of ice on the Parkway and I had to go to work.
Got a big laugh with that one. Last Friday, we went with "wall-to-wall" coverage when ice conditions forced the Parkway to close. So when Cosby came out, he wanted me to explain it to him.

"Mr. Cosby, when the wind blows a peach off a tree in Southern Tennesse, North Alabama gets shut down."

The crowd laughed again and Mr. Cosby sent me on my way.




*Anna Nicole Smith

Raise your hand if you didn't see this one coming.

Did I miss something? Did I miss the war ending? Did the troops come home? Are the wars over? Is gas still $2.10 a gallon? Did poverty end? Did homelessness end?

The amount of news given to Anna Nicole Smith's death was astounding and more than a little embarrassing. The national cable news outlets made her out to be a head of state.
For someone whose tombstone should read "Went Through Life Stoned," she got
coverage worthy of someone who actually made a contribution to society.

The person who cared the most however was probably doing back flips. The death of Anna Nicole Smith will keep Nancy Grace rolling for months.

Not me. I have a rule at home or at work. When I see an Anna Nicole Smith story, I pick up the remote and change channels. Makes me glad that we still carry Andy Griffith.

Valentine's Day

Ok guys...here is the deal. It's part of the "work smarter-not harder" mentality that I find
so hard to grasp.

Just get the wife or the girlfriend a spa gift certificate. Let her get the manicure, pedicure, or the massage and she will be thanking you for days. When the lady of the house gets to indulge herself, she rarely forgets it.

2 comments:

Brandi Sims said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandi Sims said...

How awesome that you were able to spend that time with Mr. Cosby.

I still find myself flipping through the channels at times and not being able to go past The Cosby Show.


I agree with you about mrs. smith.
It's just too much.
I also change the channel. And lately, that's been alot. At least until I find The Cosby Show :)


"When the lady of the house gets to indulge herself, she rarely forgets it."

And when the lady rarely gets to indulge herself, she never forgets it! Believe me!


I hear that you are emceeing the St. John's Catholic school benefit gala...is that right?
That's my parish.
I will not be able to attend, but i imagine it will be a fantastic event!


I understand that life does get in the way of keeping up with a blog, but i enjoy reading what you write, when you write.

have a great week, Greg.

Brandi